I have a GREAT snack recipe today that’s good for everyone in the family.
It’s got all the tastes and textures of the best stress-busting comfort foods, but it’s also healthy.
And once you get the basics of it down, you can come up with your own favorite variations.
The main ingredient? Apples.
Here’s an interesting fact about green apples – researchers at the Smell and Taste Treatment and Research Foundation found in a study that the scent helped some people experience less migraine pain. Pretty cool, right?
Like I said, these little apple ‘pizzas’ contain a mix of amazing tastes and textures: they are crunchy, creamy, salty, and sweet.
And since we are all about relieving stress this month, I thought it would be a fun recipe to share with you.
A lot of people like something crunchy or creamy when they’re feeling stressed. Voila! This one delivers on both.
If you have an adventurous palate, you can turn this into a gourmet treat with a drizzle of chocolate (or fruity) balsamic vinegar, which you can find at many gourmet and food specialty shops (and also on Amazon).
Peanut Butter & Apple Pizza
Serving size: 1-2 rounds
- 1 apple, sliced into ¼ inch rounds, seeds removed (for a total of 6 rounds)
- 6 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 6 tsp dark chocolate mini chips (or your favorite chip)
- 6 tsp chopped & salted roasted nuts
- 1-2 tsp honey (optional)
- Slice the apples crosswise to form the base of your ‘pizza.’ You should have 6 rounds.
- Spread each round with 1 tbsp of peanut butter.
- Sprinkle with 1 tsp each of mini chips and nuts, and an optional 1⁄2 tsp of honey for extra sweetness.
Taking the time to assemble this treat makes it even more special. It’s like an act of self-love.
Hope you enjoy it!
Stress can lead to stress eating or binge eating. Here’s another article about this and how you can address ’emotional eating.’
Have you made this snack recipe already? Let us know if you’ve enjoyed this or share your favorite comfort food snack in the comments.