I’ve got a special treat for you today.
It’s a healthy snack bar recipe that’s perfect for a mid-morning or mid-afternoon pick-me-up.
Not only does it taste great, but it’s vegan, gluten-free, and low in sugar!
They will keep for several weeks in an airtight container.
Note: the trickiest part of this recipe is actually how sticky the “batter” is. That’s because it’s not really a batter, as it’s made almost entirely of nuts and seeds.
I recommend using a rubber spatula to mix it as well as spread it out in the pan before baking.
Feel free to mix up the kinds of nuts, seeds, and nut butters you use. You really can’t go wrong.
Coco-Nutty Snack Bars
1 cup (125 g) chopped pecans or almonds
⅔ cup (66 g) unsweetened shredded coconut
¼ cup (36 g) pumpkin seeds
¼ cup (36 g) chia or flaxseed (ground)
¼ tsp Himalayan salt
1 tbsp coconut sugar
2 tbsp melted coconut oil
1-2 tbsp natural nut butter (either peanut, almond, or other flavor)
3 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (162ºC). Line an 8-inch (20 cm) square pan with parchment paper.
- Place the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Pour over the nut mixture and stir together well.
- Pour the resulting batter into a prepared baking pan. It will be sticky and hard to maneuver, but press it down into an even layer that covers the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- When done, let cool for about 45 minutes. Slice into 16 bars. Remove the bars and let cool for another 30 minutes on a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container.
Hope you enjoy these!
I’ll show you how to plan, prep, cook, and store your food so that you always have a healthy meal ready-to-go. And I’ll even show you how to make it fun and easy! Get my FREE Meal Prep Guide at https://adelefrizzell.com/mealprepguide/
Let us know in the comments below if you have tried this recipe. We’d love to hear from you!