I want to share a story that I am pretty sure you can relate to.
Because it’s about … drumroll …
“What’s for dinner?”
The answer is a never-ending nightly struggle, am I right?!
We make so many decisions every day – and by the time dinner rolls around – it’s like an endless loop trying to figure out what to eat.
Ever stand in front of your fridge wondering what to make?
Even if it’s FULL of food?
And ever feel stressed out about all the work and time to prepare a healthy meal?
Chopping. Cooking. Cleaning up.
It can make you tired just thinking about it.
Have you ever just closed the fridge door and ordered takeout instead?
Even though you know it is going to set you back on your goals.
Being stuck in that cycle is the WORST … because it’s way too easy to click Door Dash or Uber Eats on your phone.
Sometimes you’re not even sure you WANT to break out of it because it does make your life a little easier.
But when you look at the big picture…
- You end up consuming WAY more calories than you wanted to,
- There’s likely a lot more sodium (and other unwanted ingredients) in your food,
- And it’s not nearly as nutritious as if you were to make it yourself.
Here are three things you can do to break out of the loop:
1. Get over the blame game with yourself and analyze why your “meal prep” isn’t working, and why you’re ordering so much delivery.
2. Spend time “batch cooking” a couple of weeknights. Don’t force yourself into creating entire meals.
Instead, spend about an hour on Mondays and Thursdays pre-cooking ingredients: quinoa, rice, potatoes, proteins, (chicken/turkey burgers/etc), and veggies.
This means you can easily mix-and-match meals for the next few days (for lunch and dinner).
With the right music or podcast playing in the background, you might actually look forward to doing this.
3. Notice when the magic happens! Notice the link between how you feel (and your results) when you eat home-cooked meals vs. delivery a few times a week.
You might have more energy, your stomach could feel so much better, and you might sleep better and feel better about yourself.
After that, it will be so much easier to keep up with the batch cooking – AND stay (mostly) away from the takeout food.
This will help you keep on track with your goals, but also you some big $$$ in the process. Love that!
Upgrading your habits isn’t always easy – but it’s not as hard as you think.
Your results are waiting for you.
If you need help, let’s do this together! Time is going to go by one way or another, and you DESERVE to live your best life.
A few simple tweaks can make all of the difference in the world to help you become healthy, fit, and unstoppable.
If you’re looking for help with meal prep and batch cooking, check out my free Meal Prep Guide!
Would you want us to write more tips on meal prepping?
Let us know in the comment below. 🙂