I’ve got a good one for you today! It’s a DELICIOUS, no-cook lunch or dinner recipe.
CONFESSION: I stole this idea from chef Guy Fieri. Except I mixed it up a bit to make it:
- Heartier, and
- Just as delicious.
It’s called the Kitchen Sink Salad because you can put basically anything you want in it.
Feel free to make it your own because you really can’t go wrong. If you have other veggies in the fridge, add ‘em!
Some leftover roasted sweet potatoes would be really good. Or sprinkle on some dried cranberries! Yum.
To make it vegan, swap some crispy tofu, quinoa or edamame for the chicken.
Kitchen Sink Salad
(makes 2-3 large salad servings)
For the dressing:
- Handful of fresh basil or parsley
- ½ cup (120 ml) balsamic vinegar
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Dash of freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup (120 ml) extra virgin olive oil
For the salad:
- 1 (12 oz) (340 grams) package mixed baby salad greens
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, cut in half, and diced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- ½ – ¾ cup (85 grams) chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup (260 grams) rinsed & drained cannellini beans
- 12 black olives, pitted and halved (optional) (can swap for avocado!)
- 2 tbsp pecans or walnuts, chopped
- 2 tbsp goat cheese
Make the dressing:
Place all the dressing ingredients except olive oil in a high-speed blender. Pulse until combined. Turn on the blender and slowly drizzle in the olive oil until emulsified. Pour into a container and keep in the fridge until you’re ready to use it. (You’ll have leftovers!)
Make the salad:
In a large bowl, toss together the salad greens, cucumber, tomato, chicken, beans, and olives. Add the dressing right before you’re ready to eat it. Top with the nuts & goat cheese.
Looking for more great recipes to move you closer to your goals? Download our FREE one-dish recipes guide at https://www.hfandu.com/easy-one-dish-dinner-recipes.
If you have a salad recipe you can share, please do and comment it below. You can also share it with our community on Facebook – Healthy, Fit, and Unstoppable. 🙂